park background

Applications Forms and Licences

Building, Bylaw & Engineering Forms

Apply for Building Permit

You can apply for a building permit through Cloudpermit, an online tool that allows you to see the status of your application anywhere, any time. You can start an application and finish it later and you will receive updates by email on the status of your permit applications.

Follow these steps below to create an account, submit an application and request an inspection.

Create a Cloudpermit account
 You will need to create an account to start using Cloudpermit. An email address is required to create an account. 
  • Go to the Cloudpermit account login page.
  • Click on Register.
  • Provide your email address.
  • Cloudpermit will send an email to the address you have provided. Open the email and complete the registration process.

Remember your email and password for the future as you will need those to access the site again.

Start a new building application through Cloudpermit
  • Log in to Cloudpermit.
  • Click the Apply for a Permit Button in the upper right-hand corner.
  • Click Create New Project and give it a name. The name will consist of the property address, and the project (e.g. 944 James S, addition). Then select Next.
  • Provide the location where the work will be taking place. Change the municipality to Woodstock using the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
  • Type in your address or roll number, or find your property on the map. Once you have the correct location (it appears under the map), select Next.
  • Select the Application Type and Category appropriate for your project. Most of the categories are self-explanatory, but note that you would select "Accessory Structures" for smaller structures like sheds and detached garages. Then select Next.
  • At this point, you'll see a summary. Review the information to ensure it is accurate. If you need to make changes, use the Back button. If everything is correct, select Finish & Create.
Review a draft building application through Cloudpermit
 After following the steps above, you should be able to see your draft building permit application. You will need to provide a bit more information before submitting your application request. 
  • Ensure Receive Email Notifications is marked as Yes. Email is the primary way in which we will communicate with you throughout the permitting process.
  • Under Parties of the Application, you can add email addresses for other people and/or companies that should have access to the application. You may wish to add your spouse, contractor, architect, etc. 
    • You must have an owner and an applicant. Make sure to include contact information for both. Note the owner and applicant may be the same person. 
    • When you provide another party's information, you'll be asked to give them permission to modify (change) the application and/or add new applications to the project. For example, you may wish to give your heating contractor the ability to add a new application for a heating permit. 
    • You can also opt to type in the information manually, in which case the party will not receive an email indicating they have been added to the application.
  • Under Application Data, indicate what type of work you are doing and the type of building on which you'll be working. When you do that, any additional forms that you are required to complete will appear. Click on the forms and complete the required information. 
  • You may also be required to provide attachments like site plans, architectural drawings, etc. Click Attachments to see what is required for your project.
    • Upload your items by dragging them into the grey box or using the Click Here button to select them from your computer.
    • Once the have uploaded, select the type of attachment and then select Done. Do this for all the required attachments. 
    • If at any time you need to change or update the attachments (prior to submitting your application), you can delete by clicking the garbage can icon and upload again. 
    • If there is an attachment option that does not apply to you, upload a document that has N/A written on it. The system will register that you have provided the attachment, and we will know that that attachment type does not apply to your permit.

At this point, you are ready to sign off on the application. 

Review the items listed and indicate if they apply and/or you agree with the terms. Then click Sign off on Application. Note that you can download a copy of the sign-off form at the top of the page. 

Submit a building permit application through Cloudpermit
You can submit your building permit application once you have completed the steps above and all of the information has been gathered. You will receive an email to confirm your application has been submitted, and you’ll receive other emails regarding its status. You will also receive an email advising you when the building permit is ready and how to pay. 
Pay for a building permit
A bill will be produced in Cloudpermit once the permit has been reviewed and issued. You will receive an email once the permit has been issued and you will see the bill.

The balance owing can be paid in person by cheque, debit or cash at the Engineering Office (944 James Street, Woodstock) during business hours.

Request an inspection through Cloudpermit
Once you have received your permit and the work is underway, you will require building inspectors to visit your site and sign-off on your work at various points in the project. You can request these inspections through Cloudpermit. 
  • To book an inspection, log in to Cloudpermit and select Go to Project under the project requiring an inspection. Then select the application by clicking on the address. 
  • A page will pop up with the details of your project’s location. At the bottom of that page you’ll see the heading Work & Construction and a box entitled Inspections. Click on Show Upcoming Inspections and select Request Inspection under the building element you are ready to have reviewed. 
  • Under the New Inspection Request box that pops up, select the date and time you would like to request. Inspection requests must be made one business day in advance, and inspections are conducted in the morning or afternoons. You’ll see the unconfirmed request listed. Once staff receive the request, you will receive an email confirmation for the inspection. 

Note: If you need to change the date or time, or cancel the request, select Modify Request. 

Cloudpermit tips, support and FAQ

 Cloudpermit tips

  • Dashboard: At any point of your application process you can return to the My Dashboard page to see which application you have made and if any further information is required to process your application.
  • Delete: You can delete your application at any time by using the Selection Action drop-down menu at the top of the page.
  • If you need help with an application that has not been submitted yet, send a message in the message portal on Cloudpermit such as “I need help”. Once the message is sent, someone from the Building Department can access your application and walk you through it.

Cloudpermit Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact for help with Cloudpermit?
Call 519-539-2382 ext.3198 or click Message in the top right-hand corner of your application and that will give you direct access to the Building Department.
Once I submit my application, what are the next steps?
Cloudpermit will send emails letting you know what stage your application is in. 
What do I do once I receive the email for balance owing?
The balance owing can be paid in person by cheque, debit or cash at the Engineering Office (944 James Street) during business hours.
Where do I find my building permit and approved permit drawings?
Once payment is received your approved drawings will be available in the Work tab under Permits. Download the document and you will have access to the permit and drawings.
How do I access the inspections?
The inspections are available in the Work tab of your application.

Cloudpermit support

  • Visit Cloudpermit's Support page for more answers to commonly asked questions.

  • Contact the Engineering Office for help during business hours by phone 519-539-2382, ext.3198 or by email.


Site Plan Control Application

Site Plan Control Agreement

A site plan control agreement is required whenever you are looking to develop land. It is the process used to control and regulate various features on the site of the actual development, which includes the location of the building, landscaping, drainage, parking, and access. A site plan control agreement ensures that you have all of the appropriate approvals before making a significant investment in your property.

Site plan approval is required for all new commercial, industrial and institutional uses. It is also required for some residential uses, such as apartment buildings and townhouse complexes.


Pursuant to Section 41 of the Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, as amended, the whole of the City of Woodstock is designated as a site plan control area. In accordance with the City of Woodstock Site Plan Control By-law No. 8711-11, a Site Plan Control application is required for the following forms of development:

  • The construction or placement of a building, or addition to a building/structure, that has the effect of increasing the size of the development or usability of the site;
  • The establishment of a paved parking lot with five or more spaces, or the establishment of paving with a total lot area of 100 square meters (1,076.4 square feet ) or more; and,
  • Any alteration to the existing grading and/or drainage patterns of an existing site.

All submissions for Site Plan Control must meet the requirements of the City of Woodstock Zoning By-law No. 8626-10, as amended. Please consult with the City of Woodstock Engineering Department or County of Oxford Community Planning Office to determine if your property is subject to site plan control.

Who Can Apply

The application is to be completed by the property owner, or their duly appointed and authorized agent. Where the application is being made by an agent, written authorization from the owner must be included in the application submission

Site Plan Control Approval Process

The site plan approval process consist of five steps, as follows:

  1. Pre-consultation
  2. Application Submission
  3. Circulation
  4. Site Plan Review Meeting
  5. Final Approval

Follow the link to the County Website for detailed information on the Site Plan Approval Process.

Site Plan Control Application

The Site Plan Control Agreement Application Form must be completed in full and returned to the Community Planning Office, Oxford County, P.O. Box 1614, 21 Reeve Street, Woodstock, ON, N4S 7Y3, along with all drawings.  If you have any questions regarding this application or process, please contact Oxford County at 519-539-9800 and ask for the Community Planning Office. 


The applicable fees are to be paid by cash or cheque to the Treasurer, County of Oxford. Fees are not subject to HST.

  1. $1,250 ($750-Full Site Plan Application Fee + $500-Public Works Review), or
  2. $750 ($500 -Amendment to an Approved Site Plan + $250 -Public Works Review).
Minor Variance Application

Minor Variance Application

Complete a Committee of Adjustment Minor Variance Application form and return the completed form to the Engineering  Department 944 James Street. The application must be accompanied by the application fee and submitted no later than 20 days before the Committee of Adjustment meeting date. Please follow up with either City Hall at 519-539-1291 or one of the Building Department Technicians at 519-539-2382 ext. 3106 or 3103 for the next scheduled meeting and the latest date your application must be submitted.

Paper copies of the application are available at the City of Woodstock Building Department or at City Hall in the Clerks Department.

Fillable Format: Minor Variance Application Form

Print Format: Minor Variance Application Form

Sign Permit Application

A sign permit is required for any sign or advertising device, including:

  • Ground signs
  • Wall signs
  • Marquee signs
  • Awning and projecting signs
  • Pole signs
  • Roof signs
  • Temporary mobile signs

Permits are not required for sandwich board signs or election signs.

Apply for a Sign Permit

To apply for a sign permit you must include:

  • Sign Permit Application
  • Site Plan showing the location of the proposed sign
  • Owner authorization letter (if you do not own the property)

For all temporary mobile signs, you must include the date of installation and the date of removal on the application.

You can apply online for a sign permit through our online permitting system Cloudpermit. You can also download the application form and submit in person or via email.

Road Excavation Permit

In the case of excavation of the sewer lateral, you or your contractor must expose the lateral sewer at the property line and contact us immediately to confirm the cause of the problem. Contractors or homeowners are not permitted to excavate within the city road allowance without receiving prior approval. Any questions about the form below should be directed to our Engineering Technologist by email or phone at 519-539-2382 ext. 3114.

Excavation Permit

Driveway Extension/Widening Permit

If you plan on widening your driveway, a permit is required. You must provide a drawing showing your existing driveway, the proposed extension, drawings of all infrastructure around your driveway including trees, street light fixtures, hydrants, etc.

For residential units with individual private driveways, driveways are permitted to cover a maximum of 50% of the front yard or exterior side yard with parking. 

Please fill out the permit form and bring it to the Engineering Office at 944 James Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 0B5.  There is no fee to apply for a permit, however, if you require a curb cut, there is a fee that will be calculated based on your widening, which will be discusses with you prior to approval.

Driveway Extension/Widening Permit Form

Zone Change Application Guide

This application is to be used only when applying to the City of Woodstock for a change to the City's Zoning Bylaw.  The applicant should approach both the City Engineering Office and the County of Oxford Community Planning Office for Official Plan, Zoning and Policy Information before making a formal application.

Zoning Change Application Form

Business Licensing

Business Licence Application Forms

Adult Entertainment


Body Rub Parlour

Business Operated on a Temporary Basis:   Online       Printable

Circus and Carnival:                                      Online       Printable

Donation Drop Box:                                       Online       Printable


Business:                                                         Online       Printable                         

Newspaper & Magazine Boxes:                      Online       Printable

Pawnbroker & Second Hand Goods Dealer:    Online       Printable

Refreshment Vehicles:                                     Online       Printable

Special Transportation Services Vehicle

Taxi/Limousine Broker

Clerks Department Forms

Commissioner of Oaths

What is an Oath?

An oath is a solemn declaration of one's words by which a person signifies that he/she is bound in conscience to perform an act faithfully and truthfully.  The oath is used to encourage if not to ensure that the truth be spoken. 

What is an Affirmation?

An affirmation is a solemn declaration that serves the same purpose as an oath if an oath is objectionable to the person on religious or ethical grounds.

What is an Affidavit?

An affidavit is a document containing statements that are verified by the swearing of an oath or by an affirmation. Affidavits are generally used for the purpose of establishing legal rights and may be required to attest to a certain fact or set of facts.


Once you are certain that the City of Woodstock can commission your document, you must visit City Hall in person. The request for the Commissioner of Oaths service must be made by the same individual taking the oath and signing the document. You must present one original government issued piece of photo identification in (i.e. a valid driver's license, a valid passport or a BYID age-of-majority card). If your identification is in a language other than English or French, an official translation of the document may be required.

Community Grants Application Form

Community Grants Application

The deadline for the next community grant intake is 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 3, 2024.


Community Grants are available to:

  • Volunteer, non-profit or charitable organizations that are eligible under the guidelines set by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
  • Organizations located in the City of Woodstock with the majority of the participants being residents of the City of Woodstock
  • Individuals or teams who have achieved provincial, federal or international recognition
  • Recreational endeavors for Woodstock youth under 18 years of age

Applications are to be filed and grants are to be distributed by registered non-profit charities, accredited minor sports associations or local governments. You can find full eligibility criteria details in the City's Community Grants Program policy

If you believe you are eligible for a community grant, complete the online application form. Applications are accepted twice per year. The submission deadlines are March 1 and Sept. 1 (or the next business day if the date falls on a weekend or holiday).

Funding requests that are urgent in nature may be considered outside of the formal intake periods if approved by the Community Grants Advisory Committee chairperson and city staff.

Dog Tag Application

As of January 1, 2022, Woodstock residents are no longer required to purchase an animal tag from the City. Pet owners are still responsible for complying with the City’s Municipal Code Chapter 212, which requires cats and dogs to always have identification in the form of a tag or microchip on them.

Animal tags can be obtained from a pet store or veterinarian. A microchip can be implanted by a veterinarian.

Any questions or concerns can be directed to the Clerk’s department. 

Lottery Licence

Lottery licences are required for charitable gaming including bingo, raffles, break open tickets and social gaming events held by charitable and religious organizations.

Charitable organizations are regulated by licencing policies and the terms and conditions of the licences. For more information and resources please visit the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario website.

If you are intending to run an online lottery, applications must go to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.

Lottery Licence Eligibility

Canada’s Criminal Code permits charitable and religious organizations to conduct a lottery to raise funds if a licence has been issued. Organizations must have a demonstrated charitable or religious mandate to qualify.

If you believe you qualify, please submit an Eligibility to Conduct a Lottery Application along with your lottery licence application to our Licensing Administrator.

Types of lotteries and applications

Raffle lotteries
A raffle lottery is a game where tickets are sold for a chance to win a prize at a draw. This includes 50/50 draws, elimination draws, penny sales and calendar draws.

Raffle Municipal licence

A municipality may issue a licence to eligible local charitable or religious organizations for ticket raffle lotteries where the total value of the prizes to be awarded is not more than $50,000.

Break open ticket

A break open ticket is a lottery ticket that has a perforated cover window tabs. Behind the tabs are symbols that are revealed by tearing open the cover tab. The winning combination of symbols is specified on the back of the ticket. Break open tickets are also known as "Nevada tickets" or "pull tabs".

Break Open Ticket Municipal Licence

A municipality may issue a licence to eligible local charitable or religious organizations where the break open tickets are not to be sold in conjunction with another gaming event.

Bingo events

Regular bingo

Regular bingo events are lottery games where players purchase bingo paper and win prizes by being the first to complete a specified arrangement or pattern of numbers on the bingo paper from randomly selected numbers. Regular bingo events have prize boards that aren't more than $5,500.

Media bingo

A media bingo event is a bingo game that is conducted on or through media such as the radio or the newspaper. Licences will not be issued for Internet gaming activity.

Table board bingo

Table board bingo is a game where players purchase the table board card and win prizes by being the first to complete a specified arrangement or pattern of numbers on the table board bingo device from randomly selected numbers.

Bingo Municipal Licence

A municipality may issue a licence to an eligible charitable or religious organization for regular, media or table board bingo events where the total value of the prizes to be awarded on any one occasion is not more than $5,500.

Marriage Licence

Marriage Licence Applications

Marriage licence applications will be accepted online or in person. The licence fee is $125 payable by cash or debit. It takes 24 hours from the time the application has been received to process the marriage licence application.

Please contact us at 519-539-1291 to ensure your licence is ready and that the necessary staff are available prior to coming in to pick up your licence.

Wedding licenses will not be issued after 4 p.m.

Identification Requirement

You and your partner must both provide two (2) pieces of identification:

  • Government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates.
  • Valid Passport
  • Record of immigrant landing
  • Canadian Citizenship Card
  • Valid Driver's license
  • Valid Ontario Photo Card

Proof of Previous Marriages

If you were divorced in Canada, you must provide the original or a certified copy of a:

  • Final decree or judgment
  • Certificate of divorce

If you were divorced outside Canada, Registrar General authorization is required. Contact the Clerks Department for details.

If you are a Widow / Widower no proof of the death is required.

Age Restrictions

If you are 16 or 17 years of age, parental consent must be obtained before a marriage licence will be issued. Proof of age must be provided. Contact the Clerks Department for additional information.

Picking up the Marriage Licence

Either party or both can be present to purchase and pickup a marriage licence. If only one person is attending, identification must be provided for both parties. 

Marriage licences are valid immediately once issued. You have 3 months from the date of issue to have the marriage performed before the licence expires.

If your licence expires, another licence must be purchased. There are no refunds for issued marriage licences.

Fire Department Forms

Open Air Burning Permit Forms

For more information about the various forms required to receive an open air burning forms, visit our page on Fire Permits. This page also includes medical relief forms if you wish to complain about a neighbour's fire permit.

Start a Fire Permit Application

Parks and Recreation

City Beautiful Nomination Form

The City of Woodstock aims to honour those who have taken time to enhance and maintain their properties, thereby contributing to a more attractive neighbourhood and community.

Do you know a Residential, Industrial, Commercial or Institutional residence with an outstanding property?

Finalists will be invited to a Garden Party in Southside Park. The best of class in each category will win a $300 gift card to a local garden centre, the runner up winning a $100 gift card.

Judging will be based on the following criteria: Originality of garden landscape design, plant material, maintenance and vigor of plant material and beds and overall effect.

Winning categories include:

  • Residential
  • New Landscape Residential (within the last year)
  • Industrial
  • Commercial
  • Institutional (School, Church, Bank, Hospital etc.)

Garden Party!

All finalists will be invited to attend a Garden Party in Southside Park.
Enjoy magnificent Southside Park, as we embrace its natural ambience, all while enjoying food, lawn games, music, announcement of winners and more!

Please note:

  • Property entered/nominated must be within the City of Woodstock limits.
  • Property must be visible from the street.
  • Properties may be entered by the owner or nominated by an outside party; all entries subject to verification by the Awards Committee
Fee Assistance in Recreation (FAIR) 

Fee Assistance in Recreation (FAIR)

The FAIR program assists City of Woodstock residents living in low income with the opportunities to participate in recreation and leisure activities provided by the City.

Apply for the FAIR program online NOW

Special Event Request Form
If you are interested in hosting an event on city property, you may need to complete a special event request form. Learn more on our Special Event Request page. 
Summer Camp Volunteering


If you are interested in volunteering with our camp team, please fill out the online Leader in Training Application.

Volunteer Now!

Marketing Forms

What's on Woodstock Advertising
What’s on Woodstock Magazine is your guide to leisure sports, arts, culture and entertainment in Woodstock. It is delivered directly via Canada Post to more than 22,000 homes and businesses in Woodstock eight times a year. Please complete the form to advertise in the What's on Woodstock magazine. You can also learn more and read past issues on our What's on Woodstock page.  
Message Board Information Sign Request

Message Board Information Sign Request

The City of Woodstock has two digital signs that can be used to promote upcoming local events. The signs are located in the following locations:

  • Dundas Street and Springbank Ave (in front of the Snow Countess)
  • Finkle Street (in front of the Reeves Community Complex)

Fees for use of each sign are $30.00 per fourteen (14) day period.

Email for more information. 

Note - We will not post messages of a political or religious nature. 

Transportation and Parking Forms

Contractor / Bins Downtown Parking Permit

Temporary Downtown Construction Permit

A Contractor / Bin Downtown Parking Permit allows a contractor's vehicle or refuse bin to be parked or located beyond the downtown parking restriction of two hours. The cost for this permit is $20/space/week and can be paid by cash, debit or cheque.

Permit Conditions

  • The applicant is still required to adhere to all bylaws and posted signs on city and country streets, and municipal lots.
  • This permit does not allow for parking in no parking areas or no stopping areas.
  • A permit will be issued only for the minimum required time necessary to complete the construction and at the discretion of the Office of the City Engineer.
  • Refuse bins shall be removed immediately after completion of the construction.
  • With exception of the refuse bin, the permit shall not be valid for the applicable hours on designated snow clearing routes/streets (2 a.m. - 6 a.m.)
  • Failure to comply with the general conditions found on the reverse side of the application will result in the issuance of a parking infraction notice.
  • If you will be working on the City Right-of-Way, a Road Occupancy Permit is required.
Move Permit (Oversize Loads)

The City of Woodstock regulates the movement of oversize loads being transported on city streets.

A Certificate of Insurance naming the city of Woodstock as third-party insured is required along with the application.


Deposit: $250

Fees may be paid in person at the Office of the City Engineer at 944 James Street, Woodstock ON N4S 0B5 (cash, cheques or debit only) or by courier.  

Please allow 5-10 business day for review and approval.

Move Permit Application Form

Municipal Lot Parking Permit Application

Municipal Lot Parking Permits

Digital Permits are Now Available

You can now buy your parking permit using the HotSpot Parking app. Download the app and create an account to purchase your permit. Your account will allow you to easily and quickly change your vehicle plate number should you ever need to switch your primary vehicle for another vehicle. 

Currently, only monthly, semi-annual or annual passes are available but new features are being added soon. 

App_GooglePlay_EN App_Apple_EN

Permits are only valid in our 'Permit-Designated' parking lots.  These permits are not valid on any street, in any 2-hour posted lots. During the winter season (Dec. 1 to March 31) there are overnight parking restrictions in our lots that you must adhere to.

What if I Don't Have a Smart Phone or Computer

If you do not have a computer or smart phone and are not able to download the app, you may purchase your parking permit at the Engineering Department.  Please note, that you will not have access electronically to change your vehicle plate numbers should you need to for whatever reason.  To have access, you will need to download the app and create an account. 

Should you need to change your vehicle plate number, please contact the Engineering Department (519-539-2382 ext. 3104 or 3102) to make that change for you.  If you fail to contact the Engineering Department in a timely manner, you will get a ticket, as your permit is registered to only one vehicle plate number at a time. Please download the application form and bring it with you to the Engineering Department and be sure to include your email address on the application.  Engineering Department office hours are Mondays to Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We accept debit, cheque or cash.

The lots are first come first serve and a permit does not reserve a spot in any of the lots. If a lot is full, please use any one of our other permit-designated lots. 

Parking Permit Application Form 

Overnight Parking Exemption Permit Application

 Overnight Parking Exemption Permit

 Parking Infraction Review Form

Parking Infraction Review Form

If you wish to appeal a ticket, you may pick up a Parking Review Form at the Engineering and Public Works Building at 944 James Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 0B5, or you may email the completed form along with a copy of your parking ticket to our Bylaw Enforcement. Please be aware of the time sensitivity of your ticket and allow one week for us to review your form.

Parking Infraction Review Form

Road Occupancy / Access Permit

Road Occupancy / Access Permit

Please submit a Road Occupancy / Access Permit Application if you require access onto a city property (for example, refacing a building, installing signage, accessing a utility manhole). Applications should be emailed or dropped off at the Engineering Office at 944 James St., Woodstock.

Application Requirements
The following documentation must accompany your application. Please refer to the back of the application form for a detailed list of general conditions and requirements.
  • WSIB certificate showing type of work being performed is covered
  • Insurance certificate in the amount of $5 million identifying the Corporation of the City of Woodstock as third party insured from the commencement of work until the date of completion.  Coverage must consist of comprehensive policy of public liability, and property damage insured for the work
  • A traffic control plan as per the Ontario Traffic Control Manual, Book 7, Temporary Conditions latest revision. 

Please allow one to two weeks to review and process the application, and follow up if necessary to clarify any uncertainties.

Road Excavation Permit

Please submit a Road Excavation Permit Application if you are excavating or digging up the road or boulevard (City Right-of-Way). Excavation permit applications should be emailed to the Engineering Technologist or dropped off at the Engineering Office at 944 James St., Woodstock.

Application Requirements
The following documentation must accompany your application. Please refer to the back of the application form for a detailed list of general conditions and requirements.
  • WSIB certificate showing type of work being performed is covered
  • Insurance certificate in the amount of $5 million identifying the Corporation of the City of Woodstock as third party insured from the commencement of work until the date of completion.  Coverage must consist of comprehensive policy of public liability, and property damage insured for the work
  • A traffic control plan as per the Ontario Traffic Control Manual, Book 7, Temporary Conditions latest revision

Please allow one to two weeks to review and process the application, and follow up if necessary to clarify any uncertainties. For more information on excavation permits please call 519-539-2382 ext. 3114

Call Before You Dig

It is important to locate all of the utility lines around your project site. In fact, under the Ontario regulations, it is the law. Please call Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 or go to their website at

Temporary Road Closure (For Special Event)

Special Events Road Closure Permit

A special event road closure permit is required for anyone wanting to hold a small parade/procession, street block party, a race/walk/bike-a-thon, demonstration or any similar event that requires a lane or road closure or may interfere with the normal flow of traffic on any city road.  For larger venue events please contact the Manager of Special Events.  If you wish to book a picnic in our city parks, please contact the Parks Department.

General conditions

  • Road closures will be restricted to the roadway area specified.
  • The permit holder/organizer must provide advance notice of the special event and street closure to all property owners along the route of the event so they may notify other parties such as visitors and special deliveries.  
  • Emergency and regular vehicular access to all properties on the street is to be made available at all times. 
  • The permit holder/organizer agrees to follow all the provisions stated in the Special Events Road Closure Bylaw, Chapter 837.
  • The permit holder/organizer must notify all emergency services 48 hours notice prior to the closure/event with the date and time of the closure.  Call 519-537-2323.
  • If police assistance is required, the permit holder/organizer must contact the Administrative Sergeant, Woodstock Police Services by email or by phone at 519-421-2800 ext. 2601.
  • The permit holder/organizer will be responsible to set up and take down the allocated road closure devices as per the requirements of Public Works Department.  Deliver of these devices will occur on the weekday afternoon prior to the event and collected the following weekday morning after the event.  Damaged or missing devices will accrue to the permit holder/organizer.
  • No alcoholic beverages will be permitted on the City's right-of-way.
  • The permit holder/organizer will remain at the event until its conclusion and have the approved permit on hand. 
  • A detailed map must be submitted with the application in form of a PDF showing the exact location of event, bbqs, temporary play structures (i.e.: but not limited to bouncy castle, etc.), music/bands, food trucks (proper business license is required and must accompany the permit application.  Contact the Clerk's Department for food truck details), any other items that will be a part of your event.  Tent permits may be required.  Please follow up with the Building Department  for details. Failure to provide all the necessary details on your map may delay the application process.
  • The permit holder/organizer may be asked to provide a public liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000 prior to the event.
  • The City will be held harmless from and against all liability, loss, claims, demands, costs & expenses.

To request a special events road closure, please complete the application form and fax it to 519-421-3250 attention Engineering Office Supervisor or email it to the Engineering Office Supervisor with the subject line - Special Events Request.

Please allow no less than 10 business days to review the application and follow up if necessary.  Permit holder/organizer and anyone attending the event is still required to adhere to all city bylaws including the Special Events Road Closure Bylaw.

Special Event Road Closure Application Form

Temporary Overnight Parking Permit Application  

Temporary Overnight Parking

If you don't have access to your driveway due to driveway repairs, city or utility construction or you require overnight parking for guests, you may apply for a temporary overnight parking pass. Passes can either be picked up at our Engineering / Public Works building at 944 James St. or by using the link below. Our Bylaw Enforcement Officers will review the application and you will be notified by phone if your permit has been approved. Temporary permits will not be issued for more than 14 days per property, per season.

The permit fee is $5 (including tax) per week. This fee will be waived if the owner can't access their driveway because of city or public utility work. We accept cash, cheque or debit. Permits are to be paid for and picked up at 944 James St.

Apply for a Temporary Overnight Permit

Tax Forms

Charitable Organization Tax Rebate

Charitable Organization Tax Rebates

Eligible charities are entitled to property tax rebates if you are renting your property.

If you are a registered charity and believe that you qualify, complete the form and submit it to City Hall

Charitable Organization Tax Rebate

 Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan

Property Tax Pre-Authorization Payment Plan

Signing up for Pre-authorized tax payments ensures that your taxes are always paid on time and eliminates the hassle of remembering due dates. The City of Woodstock offers two payment options: Ten installments (Jan - Oct) or Four installments (February, May, August and October). To sign up for a Pre-authorized payment plan, complete the form below and return it to City Hall.

Pre-authorized tax payment plan form 

 Esend Agreement
 If you would like to receive your tax notifications by email, complete this form and return it to City Hall


Esend Agreement 

Transit Forms

Paratransportation Application

Para-transporation application

To be eligible to ride our para-transit, the Para-transportation Application form must be filled out in its entirety and returned to Para-transportation, City of Woodstock, P.O. Box 1539, 500 Dundas Street. 

You will need to print the form and have Part B completed by your health care professional.  Photo I.D. cards will be required to use this service.  All rides must be pre-booked 24 hours in advance.

If you have any questions concerning eligibility criteria, please call 519-539-1291.  A hardcopy of the application is also available at City Hall.

Para-transportation Application Form

Woodstock Transit Support Person Pass 

Woodstock Transit Support Person Pass

If you require a person for support when riding the conventional bus, you will require a support person pass for the support person to travel free of charge when accompanying persons with disabilities.

You must register as a user who has an identified medical requirement for support. One support person per ride will be allowed to accompany you free of charge. We understand that your support person may not be the same each time.

Please fill out the application form with supporting medical documentation. The application must be completed by your and your heath care professional. You will be issued an ID card. There is no fee for the identification card.

When boarding the bus, you must show the driver your Support Person's pass.

Support Person Pass Application

 Woodstock Transit War Veteran Application

Veteran's Transit Pass

War Veterans may be eligible to receive a free transit pass good for our conventional transit and our para-transit system for unlimited use. If you are eligible please click on the application form link below.

You may drop off your completed form along with a copy of your Certificate of Service and/or Discharge Papers to the City Engineer's Office at 944 James Street, send it by email using the subject line: War Veterans Application Form, or fax it to 519-421-3250 - attention Engineering Office Supervisor. All information will be kept confidential and will only be used for this purpose. Please allow five business day to process your application. Photo I.D. is required with this pass. You will be contacted once your application is approved to schedule a photo session at City Hall, 500 Dundas Street. You may be able to wait for your pass to be created, however if you cannot wait, the pass will be mailed to you.

When you board the buses, please show the bus driver your veterans pass. This pass can only be used by the person it is issued to. It is not transferable to any family member or friend.

The City reserves the right to confiscate any pass under this program that is used inappropriately (e.g. used by someone other than the pass holder). 

Veteran's Transit Pass Application Form


  • You must have served for Canada or the Commonwealth,
  • War veterans only (not intended for spouses or family members)


Contact Us

© 2017 City of Woodstock P.O. Box 1539, 500 Dundas Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 0A7


Phone: 519-539-1291
Email: General Information

Back to top

I'd Like To...