Rebates and Tax Relief

Charitable Organization Tax Rebates

Eligible charities are entitled to property tax rebates if you are renting your property.

If you are a registered charity and believe that you qualify, complete the form and submit it to City Hall

Charitable Organization Tax Rebate

Vacancy Rebates

Keeping our commercial and industrial properties occupied is important to us.

If you own a commercial or industrial building that was vacant or partially vacant for at least 90 consecutive days, you may be eligible for a property tax rebate.

If you believe that you qualify, complete the application form and submit it to us. Your application will be forwarded to the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) for evaluation.

If you are eligible for a vacancy rebate, a refund (or adjustment if taxes are not paid in full) will be issued early in the year following the year of the vacancy.

Commercial and Industrial Vacancy Rebate

Tax Relief

Tax deferral program for low-income seniors and low-income persons with disabilities

If you are a low-income senior who receives the Guaranteed Income Supplement or a disabled person who receives support from the Ontario Disability Support Program, you can apply for a property tax deferral.

Applications and further information are available at our tax office.

Reduce or cancel your taxes

You may qualify to have your property taxes reduced or cancelled if any of the following events have happened to your property during the year:

  • The property could not be used for at least 3 months during the year because of repairs or renovations
  • The use of a non-residential property has changed
  • There has been a fire or demolition in the building
  • There has been a "gross or manifest" error in the assessment
  • The property has become tax exempt

If you believe you qualify, you can submit a tax appeal application form to the city by the last day of February of the year after the event occurred.

You can also appeal your taxes for the 2 years proceeding the current year if there was a "gross or manifest" error in the assessment. This application must be filed by December 31 of the current year.

To avoid any penalties, be sure to pay your property taxes on time.

Contact Us

© 2017 City of Woodstock P.O. Box 1539, 500 Dundas Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 0A7


Phone: 519-539-1291
Email: General Information

Back to top

I'd Like To...