Applications Forms and Licences

Building and Engineering Forms

Minor Variance Application

Minor Variance Application

Complete a Committee of Adjustment Minor Variance Application form and return the completed form to the Clerks Department at Woodstock City Hall, 500 Dundas Street.  The application must be accompanied by the application fee and submitted no later than 20 days before the Committee of Adjustment meeting date. Please follow up with either City Hall at 519-539-1291 or one of the Building Department Technicians at 519-539-2382 ext. 3106 or 3103 for the next scheduled meeting and the latest date your application must be submitted.

Paper copies of the application are available at the City of Woodstock Building Department or at City Hall in the Clerks Department.

Minor Variance Application Form

Sign Permit Application

Sign permit

Along with the completed sign permit application form, a site plan showing the location of the poposed sign must be provided. Please note on the application the date of installation and the date of removal for all temporary mobile signs.  If you do not own the property, owner authorization in the form of a letter must be provided eith the applicaiton form.

Sign Permit Application Form

 Street Excavation Permit

In the case of excavation of the sewer lateral, you or your contractor must expose the lateral sewer at the property line and contact us immediately to confirm the cause of the problem. Contractors or homeowners are not permitted to excavate within the city road allowance without receiving prior approval. Any questions about the form below should be directed to our Engineering Technologist by email or phone at 519-539-2382 ext. 3114.

Excavation Permit

Zone Change Application Guide

This application is to be used only when applying to the City of Woodstock for a change to the City's Zoning Bylaw.  The applicant should approach both the City Engineering Office and the County of Oxford Community Planning Office for Official Plan, Zoning and Policy Information before making a formal application.

Zoning Change Application Form

Business Licensing

Business Licence Application Forms

Adult Entertainment


Body Rub Parlour

Business Operated on a Temporary Basis:   Online       Printable

Circus and Carnival:                                      Online       Printable

Donation Drop Box:                                       Online       Printable


Business:                                                         Online       Printable                         

Newspaper & Magazine Boxes:                      Online       Printable

Pawnbroker & Second Hand Goods Dealer:    Online       Printable

Refreshment Vehicles:                                     Online       Printable

Special Transportation Services Vehicle

Taxi/Limousine Broker

Clerks Department Forms

Commissioner of Oaths

Commissioner of Oaths

As we enter stage 3 of Ontario's Roadmap to Reopening

 Efective Monday July 26, 2021 City Hall will be open to the public from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. We will be limiting the number of people allowed in the building at one time, we ask that you be patient and follow social distancing as you wait for your turn.  Commissioner services will be limited to Oxford County residents only.  If you have questions you may telephone  519-539-2382 extension 2502 or by e-mail  

Under the advice of Southwestern Public Health, face coverings must now be worn in all public areas of City Hall  and all other City buildings.  For more information on  face coverings please visit 

Commissioners of Oaths' services are offered at City Hall in the Clerk's Department. These endorsements include but are not limited to oaths, affirmations and affidavits. Since the nature of documents varies greatly, it is strongly recommended that you contact the City of Woodstock prior to your visit to confirm that your documents can be commissioned by one of our staff members.

It is important to note that the City of Woodstock's Commissioners of Oaths cannot notarize documents. A list of notary public or lawyers can be found in your local phone directory or online.

What is an Oath?

An oath is a solemn declaration of one's words by which a person signifies that he/she is bound in conscience to perform an act faithfully and truthfully.  The oath is used to encourage if not to ensure that the truth be spoken. 

What is an Affirmation?

An affirmation is a solemn declaration that serves the same purpose as an oath if an oath is objectionable to the person on religious or ethical grounds.

What is an Affidavit?

An affidavit is a document containing statements that are verified by the swearing of an oath or by an affirmation. Affidavits are generally used for the purpose of establishing legal rights and may be required to attest to a certain fact or set of facts.


Once you are certain that the City of Woodstock can commission your document, you must visit City Hall in person. The request for the Commissioner of Oaths service must be made by the same individual taking the oath and signing the document. You must present one original government issued piece of photo identification in (i.e. a valid driver's licence, a valid passport or a BYID age-of-majority card). If your identification is in a language other than English or French, an official translation of the document may be required.

The following is small listing of forms a Commissioner of Oaths can sign:

  • Consent letter for traveling with a child (commonly referred to as a travel document);
  • Delayed birth registration forms;
  • Application to amend birth registration;
  • Declaration affirming parentage;
  • Election to change of name of child under the age of 12;
  • Statutory declaration by an applicant to correct an error in registration;
  • Legal name change application;
  • Blank statutory declaration;
  • City of Woodstock planning applications;
  • Insurance claims;
  • Common law status affidavits;
  • Vehicle ownership transfers;
  • Special invitations to family members overseas;
  • Pension purpose attestations of recipient being alive and confirming their residency;
  • Residency document;
  • Lost passport;
  • Single status certificate;
  • Municipal Information Form (MIF) for liquor license;
  • Affidavit waiving vaccinations based on religious grounds.


The City of Woodstock charges $20.00 for each signature. This fee is payable by cash, cheque, or debit.

 Community Grants Application Form

Community Grant Application

Community Grants applications are being accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. 

Grants are available to volunteer organizations that are non-profit or charitable. Non-profit organizations may also apply on behalf of individuals or teams as long as the intended use of the grant is for recreational endeavours and the individuals are under 18 years of age.

If you believe you are eligible for a community grant, complete an application and submit it to the clerk's department. Applications are accepted twice per year. The submission deadlines are March 1 and September 1 (or the Monday following if the date does not fall on a business day). Funding requests that are urgent in nature may be considered outside of the formal intake periods if approved by the chairperson and city staff.

 Dog Tag Application

Dog Tag Application

As we enter stage 3 of Ontario's Roadmap to Reopening

Effective Monday July 26, 2021, City Hall will be open to the public from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.  We will be limiting the number of people allowed in the building at one time, we ask that you be patient and follow social distancing as you wait your turn.

Under the advice of Southwestern public Health, face coverings must now be worn in all publoic areas of City Hall and all other City buildings.  For more infomation on face covering please visit

 Services continue to be offered through the website at or via email at  


Lottery Licence

Lottery licences are required for charitable gaming, including bingos, raffles, break open tickets and social gaming events held by charitable and religious organizations.

Charitable organizations are regulated by licencing policies and the terms and conditions of the licences.

Lottery Licence Eligibility

Canada's Criminal Code permits charitable and religious organizations to conduct a lottery to raise funds if a licence has been issued. Organizations must have a demonstrated charitable or religious mandate to qualify.

Charitable organizations provide programs for:

  • Poverty relief
  • Advancement of education
  • Advancement of religion
  • Other charitable purposes that benefit the community.


Types of lotteries

Raffle lotteries

A raffle lottery is a game where tickets are sold for a chance to win a prize at a draw. This includes 50/50 draws, elimination draws, penny sales and calendar draws.

Raffle Municipal licence

A municipality may issue a licence to eligible local charitable or religious organizations for ticket raffle lotteries where the total value of the prizes to be awarded is not more than $50,000.

Break open ticket

A break open ticket is a lottery ticket that has a perforated cover window tabs. Behind the tabs are symbols that are revealed by tearing open the cover tab. The winning combination of symbols is specified on the back of the ticket. Break open tickets are also known as "Nevada tickets" or "pull tabs".

Break Open Ticket Municipal Licence

A municipality may issue a licence to eligible local charitable or religious organizations where the break open tickets are not to be sold in conjunction with another gaming event.

Bingo events

Regular bingo

Regular bingo events are lottery games where players purchase bingo paper and win prizes by being the first to complete a specified arrangement or pattern of numbers on the bingo paper from randomly selected numbers.

Regular bingo events have prize boards that aren't more than $5,500.

Media bingo

A media bingo event is a bingo game that is conducted on or through media such as the radio or the newspaper. Licences will not be issued for Internet gaming activity.

Table board bingo

Table board bingo is a game where players purchase the table board card and win prizes by being the first to complete a specified arrangement or pattern of numbers on the table board bingo device from randomly selected numbers.

Bingo Municipal Licence

A municipality may issue a licence to an eligible charitable or religious organization for regular, media or table board bingo events where the total value of the prizes to be awarded on any one occasion is not more than $5,500.

Additional information

 Marriage Licence

Marriage Licences

Marriage Licence Applications will be processed for Oxford County residents only until further notice.  Marriage licences will be issued one week prior to the event.

As we enter stage 3 of Ontario's Roadmap to Reopening 

Under the advice of Southwestern Public Health, face coverings must be worn in all public areas of City Hall and all other Ctiy buildings.  For more information on face coverings, please visit

Individuals wishing to apply for a marriage licence are required to book an appointment with the Clerks Department prior to completing the online marriage licence application. If you submit the application prior to setting up the appointment your application will not be processed.  To book an appointment or have questions please contact The City of Woodstock at 519-539-1291. 

The Marriage licences fee is $125.00 payable by cash or debit. 

Marriage licenses take 24 hours to process.  

Marriage licence application


You and your spouse must both provide 2 pieces of identification:

  • Government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
  • Valid Passport
  • Record of immigrant landing
  • Canadian Citizenship Card
  • Valid Driver's license
  • Valid Ontario Photo Card

Waiting period

Marriage licences are valid immediately once issued. You have 3 months from the date of issue to have the marriage performed before the licence expires.

If your licence expires, another licence must be purchased. There are no refunds for issued marriage licences.

Previous marriages

Divorced in Canada

You must provide the original or a certified copy of a:

  • Final decree or judgment
  • Certificate of divorce

Divorced outside Canada

Registrar General authorization is required. Contact the city clerk's office for details.


No proof of the death is required.

Age restrictions:

If you are 16 or 17 years of age, parental consent must be obtained before a marriage licence will be issued. Proof of age must be provided.

Contact the city clerk's office for additional information.

One party present

Either the bride or groom must be present to purchase a marriage licence. If only one person is attending, identification must be provided for both parties.

The application must be completed, signed and dated by both parties.

Contact the city clerk's office for additional information.

Getting married at city hall

We are currently not booking any weddings until further notice  



Fire Department Forms

Fireworks Vendor Application

All Fireworks vendors must be authorized to sell Fireworks within the City of Woodstock. The following form, once completed, should be submitted to Woodstock Fire Department or to City Hall in order to start the application process.


Start a Fireworks Vendor Application

 Open Air Burning Permit Forms

For more information about the various forms required to receive an open air burning forms, visit our page on Fire Permits. This page also includes medical relief forms if you wish to complain about a neighbour's fire permit.


Start a Fire Permit Application

Parks and Recreation

City Beautiful Nomination Form

City Beautiful Awards

The City Beautiful Awards were established to give recognition to those private, institutional and corporate citizens who have taken the time to beautify and maintain their properties thereby contributing to a more attractive neighbourhood and community.

Eligibility is based solely on the property entered/nominated being within the City of Woodstock limits and visibility of same from an adjoining municipal street or streets. Properties may be entered by the owner or nominated by an outside party; all entries subject to verification by the Awards Committee.

Judging will be based on the following criteria:

  • originality of garden landscape design;
  • plant material;
  • maintenance and vigor of plant material and beds;
  • overall effect.

Awards in the form of plaques will be given to the Best of Class and Runner-up in the following categories:

  • Residential
  • Multi Residential
  • New Landscape Residential (within the last year)
  • Industrial
  • Commercial
  • Institutional
  • Turf-Free Landscape (10% or less turf)
  • Unique Garden
  • Most Innovative Garden

Use the form below to subject an entry for consideration. All entries must be received before July 16th to be considered.

City Beautiful Awards Nomination Form

Fee Assistance in Recreation (FAIR) 

Fee Assistance in Recreation (FAIR)

The FAIR program assists City of Woodstock residents living in low income with the opportunities to participate in recreation and leisure activities provided by the City.

Apply for the FAIR program online NOW

Summer Camp Volunteering


If you are interested in volunteering with our camp team, please fill out the online Leader in Training Application.

Volunteer Now!

Special Events and Marketing Forms

Art in Victoria Park Vendor Forms

Art in Victoria Park Food Vendors

Event details TBA

Canada Day Vendor Forms

Canada Day Food and Craft Vendors

Event details TBA

 Cowapolooza Vendor Forms

Cowapolooza Food and Craft Vendors

Event details TBA

Message Board Information Sign Request

Message Board Information Sign Request

The City of Woodstock has two digital signs that can be used to promote upcoming local events. The signs are located in the following locations:

  • Dundas Street and Springbank Ave (in front of the Snow Countess)
  • Finkle Street (in front of the Reeves Community Complex)

Fees for use of each sign are $30.00 per fourteen (14) day period.

Email for more information. 

Note - We will not post messages of a political or religious nature. 

Sports Wall of Fame Nomination Form

Sports Wall of Fame Nomination Form

Nominations for the Sports Wall of Fame are accepted until June 1st each year. The details of the categories for nomination can be found in the nomination package below.


Sports Wall of Fame Nomination Package

 Victoria Day Vendor Forms

Annual Victoria Day Parade Registration Form

Event details TBA

Transportation and Parking Forms

Contractor / Bins Downtown Parking Permit

Temporary Downtown Construction Permit

A construction permit waives the maximum uptown parking time permitted to allow a contractor's vehicle or refuse bin to be parked or located beyond the two hour time restrictions.  The applicant is still required to adhere to all bylaws and posted signs on city and county streets as well as in our municipal lots.  That is you will not be permitted to park in no parking areas or no stopping areas.

A permit will be issued only for the minimum required time necessary to complete the construction and at the discretion of the Office of the City Engineer.  Refuse bins shall be removed immediately after completion of the construction.  With exception of the refuse bin, the permit shall not be valid for the applicable hours on designated snow clearing routes/streets. (2:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m.)  The cost for this permit is $20/space/week.  Method of payment is cash, debit or cheque.

Failure to comply with the general conditions found on the reverse side of the application will result in the issuance of a parking infraction notice.

If you will be working on the City Right-of-Way, a Road Occupancy Permit is required. See above.

Contractor / Bin - Downtown Parking Permit Application Form

Municipal Lot Parking Permit Application

Municipal Lot Parking Permits

Parking permits may be purchased at City Hall at 500 Dundas Street during regular business hours Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We accept debit, cheque or cash. The lots are first come first serve and a permit does not reserve a spot in any of the lots. If a lot is full, please use any one of our other permit-designated lots. For more information about our municipal parking lots, including maps, view our Municipal Parking Lots page.

Apply for a Parking Permit Application Form 

Overnight Parking Exemption Permit Application
 Parking Infraction Review Form

Parking Infraction Review Form

If you wish to appeal a ticket, you may pick up a Parking Review Form at the Engineering and Public Works Building at 944 James Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 0B5, or you may email the completed form along with a copy of your parking ticket to our Bylaw Enforcement. Please be aware of the time sensitivity of your ticket and allow one week for us to review your form.

Parking Infraction Review Form

Road Occupancy / Access Permit

Road Occupancy / Access Permit

If you just require access onto city property, you are required to apply for a Road Occupancy/Access  Permit. (example: refacing a building, installing signage, accessing a utility manhole)  

Road Occupancy / Access Permit Application Form 

Road Occupancy Permits should be email or dropped off at Engineering Office at 944 James Street, Woodstock,

The following documentation must accompany your application.  Please refer to the back of the application form for a detailed list of general conditions and requirements.

  • WSIB certificate showing type of work being performed is covered
  • Insurance certificate in the amount of $5 million identifying the Corporation of the City of Woodstock as third party insured from the commencement of work until the date of completion.  Coverage must consist of comprehensive policy of public liability, and property damage insured for the work.
  • A traffic control plan as per the Ontario Traffic Control Manual, Book 7, Temporary Conditions latest revision. 

Please allow one to two weeks to review and process the application, and follow up if necessary to clarify any uncertainties. 


Road Excavation Permit

Working on City Property?

If you are excavating or digging up the road or boulevard (City Right-of-Way), you are require to apply for a Road Excavation Permit.  Excavation Permits should be emailed to the Engineering Technologist or dropped off at the Engineering Office at 944 James Street, Woodstock.

Road Excavation Permit

The following documentation must accompany your application.  Please refer to the back of the application form for a detailed list of general conditions and requirements.

  • WSIB certificate showing type of work being performed is covered
  • Insurance certificate in the amount of $5 million identifying the Corporation of the City of Woodstock as third party insured from the commencement of work until the date of completion.  Coverage must consist of comprehensive policy of public liability, and property damage insured for the work.
  • A traffic control plan as per the Ontario Traffic Control Manual, Book 7, Temporary Conditions latest revision

Please allow one to two weeks to review and process the application, and follow up if necessary to clarify any uncertainties. For more information on excavation permits please call 519-539-2382 ext. 3114

Call Before You Dig

It is important to locate all of the utility lines around your project site.  In fact, under the Ontario regulations, it is the law.  Please call Ontario One Call at 1-800-400-2255 or go to their website at

Temporary Road Closure (For Special Event)

Special Events Road Closure Permit

A special event road closure permit is required for anyone wanting to hold a small parade/procession, street block party, a race/walk/bike-a-thon, demonstration or any similar event that requires a lane or road closure or may interfere with the normal flow of traffic on any city road.  For larger venue events please contact the Manager of Communications and Special Events.  If you wish to book a picnic in our city parks, please contact the Parks Department.

General conditions

  • Road closures will be restricted to the roadway area specified.
  • The permit holder/organizer must provide advance notice of the special event and street closure to all property owners along the route of the event so they may notify other parties such as visitors and special deliveries.  
  • Emergency and regular vehicular access to all properties on the street is to be made available at all times. 
  • The permit holder/organizer agrees to follow all the provisions stated in the Special Events Road Closure Bylaw, Chapter 837.
  • The permit holder/organizer must notify all emergency services 48 hours notice prior to the closure/event with the date and time of the closure.  Call 519-537-2323.
  • If police assistance is required, the permit holder/organizer must contact the Administrative Sergeant, Woodstock Police Services by email at or by phone at 519-421-2800 ext. 2601.
  • The permit holder/organizer will be responsible to set up and take down the allocated road closure devices as per the requirements of Public Works Department.  Deliver of these devices will occur on the weekday afternoon prior to the event and collected the following weekday morning after the event.  Damaged or missing devices will accure to the permit holder/organizer.
  • No alcoholic beverages will be permitted on the City's right-of-way.
  • The permit holder/organizer will remain at the event until its conclusion and have the approved permit on hand. 
  • A detailed map must be submitted with the application in form of a PDF showing the exact location of event, bbqs, temporary play structures (i.e.: but not limited to bouncy castle, etc.), music/bands, food trucks (proper business license is required and must accompany the permit application.  Contact the Clerk's Department for food truck details), any other items that will be a part of your event.  Tent permits may be required.  Please follow up with the Building Department  for details. Failure to provide all the necessary details on your map may delay the applciation process.
  • The permit holder/organizer may be asked to provide a public liability insurance in the amount of $2,000,000 prior to the event.
  • The City will be held harmless from and against all liability, loss, claims, demands, costs & expenses.

To request a special events road closure, please complete the application form and fax it to 519-421-3250 attention Engineering Office Supervisor or email it to the Engineering Office Supervisor with the subject line - Special Events Request.

Please allow no less than 10 business days to review the application and follow up if necessary.  Permit holder/organizer and anyone attending the event is still required to adhere to all city bylaws including the Special Events Road Closure Bylaw.

Special Event Road Closure Application Form

Temporary Overnight Parking Permit Application  


If you don't have access to your driveway due to driveway repairs, city or utility construction or you require overnight parking for guests, you may apply for a temporary overnight parking pass. Passes can either be picked up at our Engineering/Public Works building at 944 James Street or by using the link below. Our Bylaw Enforcement Officers will review the application and you will be notified by phone if your permit has been approved. Temporary permits will not be issued for more than 14 days per property, per season.

The permit fee is $5 (incl. tax) per week. This fee will be waived if the owner can't access their driveway because of city or public utility work. We accept cash, cheque or debit. Permits are to be paid for and picked up at 944 James Street.

Apply for a Temporary Overnight Permit

Tax Payment Forms

 Charitable Organization Tax Rebate

Charitable Organization Tax Rebates

Eligible charities are entitled to property tax rebates if you are renting your property.

If you are a registered charity and believe that you qualify, complete the form and submit it to City Hall

Charitable Organization Tax Rebate

Vacancy Rebate (Property Tax)

Vacancy Rebates

Keeping our commercial and industrial properties occupied is important to us.

If you own a commercial or industrial building that was vacant or partially vacant for at least 90 consecutive days, you may be eligible for a property tax rebate.

If you believe that you qualify, complete the application form and submit it to us. Your application will be forwarded to the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) for evaluation.

If you are eligible for a vacancy rebate, a refund (or adjustment if taxes are not paid in full) will be issued early in the year following the year of the vacancy.

Commercial and Industrial Vacancy Rebate

 Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan

Property Tax Pre-Authorization Payment Plan

Signing up for Pre-authorized tax payments ensures that your taxes are always paid on time and eliminates the hassle of remembering due dates. The City of Woodstock offers two payment options: Ten installments (Jan - Oct) or Four installments (February, May, August and October). To sign up for a Pre-authorized payment plan, complete the form below and return it to City Hall.

Pre-authorized tax payment plan form 

Esend Agreement
Esend Agreement 


Transit Forms

Paratransportation Application

Para-transporation application

To be eligible to ride our para-transit, the Para-transportation Application form must be filled out in its entirety and returned to Para-transportation, City of Woodstock, P.O. Box 1539, 500 Dundas Street. 

You will need to print the form and have Part B completed by your health care professional.  Photo I.D. cards will be required to use this service.  All rides must be pre-booked 24 hours in advance.

If you have any questions concerning eligibility criteria, please call 519-539-1291.  A hardcopy of the application is also available at City Hall.

Para-transportaton Application Form

Woodstock Transit Support Person Pass 

Woodstock Transit Support Person Pass

If you require a person for support when riding the conventional bus, you will require a support person pass for the support person to travel free of charge when accompanying persons with disabilities.

You must register as a user who has an identified medical requirement for support. One support person per ride will be allowed to accompany you free of charge. We understand that your support person may not be the same each time.

Please fill out the application form with supporting medical documentation. The application must be completed by your and your heath care professional. You will be issued an ID card. There is no fee for the identification card.

When boarding the bus, you must show the driver your Support Person's pass.

Support Person Pass Application

 Woodstock Transit War Veteran Application

Veteran's Transit Pass

War Veterans may be eligible to receive a free transit pass good for our conventional transit and our para-transit system for unlimited use. If you are eligible please click on the application form link below.

You may drop off your completed form along with a copy of your Certificate of Service and/or Discharge Papers to the City Engineer's Office at 944 James Street, send it by email using the subject line: War Veterans Application Form, or fax it to 519-421-3250 - attention Engineering Office Supervisor. All information will be kept confidential and will only be used for this purpose. Please allow five business day to process your application. Photo I.D. is required with this pass. You will be contacted once your application is approved to schedule a photo session at City Hall, 500 Dundas Street. You may be able to wait for your pass to be created, however if you cannot wait, the pass will be mailed to you.

When you board the buses, please show the bus driver your veterans pass. This pass can only be used by the person it is issued to. It is not transferable to any family member or friend.

The City reserves the right to confiscate any pass under this program that is used inappropriately (e.g. used by someone other than the pass holder). 

Veteran's Transit Pass Application Form


  • You must have served for Canada or the Commonwealth,
  • War veterans only (not intended for spouses or family members)


Contact Us

© 2017 City of Woodstock P.O. Box 1539, 500 Dundas Street, Woodstock, ON N4S 0A7


Phone: 519-539-1291
TTY: 519-539-7268
Email: General Information

Back to top

I'd Like To...