Making the most out of our garbage and recycling programs is just one of the ways we can continue to keep Woodstock looking beautiful.
We offer curbside collection for garbage, recycling, bulk items, brush collection, loose leaf curbside collection and we also provide special waste depot drop-off days for items not picked up during curbside collection. We have a recycling depot located at the end of Clarke Street South where residents can drop of materials if they are not able to wait until their next recycling day.
To be sure your waste and recycling collection is picked up please follow these tips:
- Place your garbage and recycling out before 7:30 a.m. on your collection day,
- Place your garbage and recylcing out no more than 1 meter (3ft) from the curb,
- Be sure your garbage and recycling are visible and not hidden by vehilces or snow banks during the winter months,
- Be sure your garbage does not exceed the maximum weight of 20 kg (44lbs), and
- Be sure your recycling is sorted properly - Fibres from containers.
- Family Day, Monday, February 20, 2017: NO garbage and recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, February 21
Herbie Curbie - The last week for Herbie Curbie pick-up is Monday, December 5 - 9, 2016. Pickup resumes week of March 13, 2017. (The City no longer sells Herbie Curbie)
Don't know what day to set out your garbage or recycling? Try out our Wasteline App.
Not sure how to sort your recycling? Check out this handy tool that will tell you whether to recycle, compost or landfill every imaginable type of household waste. Recycling App.
Curbside collection begins at 7:30 a.m. on your scheduled day. Have all your items out before then to ensure that it is picked up. Read our collection schedule and map to find out when your garbage and recycling days are, as well as other waste collection days and helpful hints.
The Oxford County landfill is located east of the Village of Salford on Salford Road (County Road 46). 384060 Salford Road, Salford N0J 1W0. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed Sundays and Statutory Holidays. Visit the County of Oxford website for more information.