Making the most out of our garbage and recycling programs is just one of the ways we can continue to keep Woodstock looking beautiful.
We offer curbside collection for garbage, recycling, bulk items, brush collection, loose leaf curbside collection and we also offer special waste depot drop-off days for items not picked up during curbside collection. We have a recycling depot located at the end of Clarke Street South where residents can drop of materials if they are not able to wait until their next recycling day.
To be sure your waste and recycling collection is picked up please follow these tips:
- Place an Oxford County Bag Tag on your garbage. The tag must be visible at curb and must be stuck on the top half of the garbage bag with both ends of the tag visible. If you are using a container, place the tag on top of the material inside. The size of the garbage bag or container will determine how many bag tags are required. Follow the link for more information on the number of garbage tags needed, the cost and where you may purchase them,
- Your garbage should not exceed the maximum weight of 20 kg (44 lbs),
- Set your garbage and recycling out before 7:30 a.m. on your collection day,
- Place your garbage and recylcing out no more than 1 meter (3ft) from the curb,
- Have your recycling sorted properly. Fibres and containers must be separated into it's own recycling bin. You will find more information on what to reycle and when to recyle on our recycling webpage, and
- Be sure your garbage and recycling are visible and not hidden by vehilces or snow banks during the winter months.
Tips for Windy Days
Recycling material remains the responsibility of the homeowner until the material is collected.
On windy days, litter and debris can be an issue when items are blown from curbside recycling boxes. There are proactive measures that individuals can take that are relatively easy and cheap to minimize litter on windy days.Be proactive. Your neighbours will appreciate it!
Tips to help reduce litter and help keep your neighbourhood clean:
- Set your Blue Box at the curb by 7:30 a.m. the morning of your collection day, rather than the night before
- If possible, bring in your recycling containers from the curb soon after the material is collected
- Flatten boxboard
- Stack your heavier recyclable items such as phone books and magazines on top of lighter fibre materials
- Keep recyclables below the rim of your recycling box to prevent the wind from catching them, you can use multiple recycling boxes for extra materials
- Stack your recycling bins on top of one another to prevent materials from flying off
- When wind is really strong, residents may choose to either bring their recycling to our Recycling Depot off Clarke Street South or not place their recycling at the curb and place it out the following week
- Good Friday, April 14, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up, collection moves to Thursday, April 13, 2017
- Easter Monday, April 17, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- Victoria Day, Monday, May 22, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Canada Day Observed, Monday, July 3, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, July 4, 2017
- Civic Holiday, Monday, August 7, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, Auguste 8, 2017
- Labour Day, Monday, September 4, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 9, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- Remembrance Day Observed, Monday, November 13, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, November 14, 2017
- Christmas Eve Day Observed, Friday, December 22, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Thursday, December 21, 2017
- Christmas Day, Monday, December 25, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Wednesday, December 27, 2017
- Boxing Day, Tuesday, December 26, 2017 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Thursday, December 28, 2017
- New Year's Eve Day, Monday, January 1, 2018 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, January 2, 2018
- Family Day, Monday, Februrary 19, 2018 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- Good Friday, Friday, March 30, 2018 - No garbage or recycling picked up; collection moves to Thursday, March 29, 2018
Herbie Curbie - The last week for Herbie Curbie pick-up is Monday, December 5 - 9, 2016. Pickup resumes week of March 13, 2017. (The City no longer sells Herbie Curbie)
Don't know what day to set out your garbage or recycling? Try out our Wasteline App.
Not sure how to sort your recycling? Check out this handy tool that will tell you whether to recycle, compost or landfill every imaginable type of household waste. Recycling App.
Curbside collection begins at 7:30 a.m. on your scheduled day. Have all your items out before then to ensure that it is picked up. Read our collection schedule and map to find out when your garbage and recycling days are, as well as other waste collection days and helpful hints.
The Oxford County landfill is located east of the Village of Salford on Salford Road (County Road 46). 384060 Salford Road, Salford N0J 1W0. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed Sundays and Statutory Holidays. Visit the County of Oxford website for more information.